- RSS Channel Showcase 6189646
- RSS Channel Showcase 1394116
- RSS Channel Showcase 3234755
- RSS Channel Showcase 7370535
Articles on this Page
- 11/06/17--08:13: _VW opens new Wind T...
- 11/06/17--18:00: _Carmakers plan supe...
- 11/13/17--06:40: _UK roads to see 200...
- 11/14/17--00:00: _London lamp posts t...
- 11/14/17--03:21: _IEA: Growth of EVs ...
- 11/22/17--05:51: _Budget 2017: Hammon...
- 11/23/17--03:30: _EVs could offer 11G...
- 11/27/17--02:30: _Shell teams up with...
- 11/27/17--09:17: _Lancashire Council ...
- 12/04/17--00:00: _Nearly half of UK b...
- 12/11/17--03:22: _Good Energy and New...
- 12/12/17--08:31: _More than two-third...
- 12/13/17--00:00: _Data from London’s ...
- 12/22/17--04:00: _First public ultra-...
- 01/03/18--03:17: _EV battery facility...
- 01/05/18--05:30: _Hampshire IT firm b...
- 01/14/18--22:00: _Only five councils ...
- 01/17/18--02:28: _Global emissions ‘w...
- 01/22/18--03:48: _Wheely powerful cha...
- 01/23/18--03:30: _Smart charging ‘cou...
- 11/06/17--08:13: VW opens new Wind Tunnel Efficiency Centre
- 11/06/17--18:00: Carmakers plan supercharging highway for EVs
- 11/13/17--06:40: UK roads to see 200k electric cars by end of 2018
- 11/14/17--00:00: London lamp posts to power electric vehicles
- 11/14/17--03:21: IEA: Growth of EVs won’t reverse rising oil demand
- 11/23/17--03:30: EVs could offer 11GW of grid flexibility by 2030
- 11/27/17--02:30: Shell teams up with carmakers for EV charging
- 11/27/17--09:17: Lancashire Council to get 150 EV chargers
- 12/04/17--00:00: Nearly half of UK businesses ‘holding back on EVs’
- 12/11/17--03:22: Good Energy and NewMotion launch smart EV partnership
- 12/12/17--08:31: More than two-thirds of Brits say EVs are next big thing
- 12/13/17--00:00: Data from London’s cabbies to help plan EV network
- 12/22/17--04:00: First public ultra-fast EV chargers hit Europe
- 01/03/18--03:17: EV battery facility speeds ahead with £80m funding
- 01/05/18--05:30: Hampshire IT firm boots up EV fleet
- 01/14/18--22:00: Only five councils take advantage of EV funding scheme
- 01/17/18--02:28: Global emissions ‘will plateau by 2030’
- 01/22/18--03:48: Wheely powerful charging network to hit Europe
- 01/23/18--03:30: Smart charging ‘could save EV drivers £170 a year’
Volkswagen has launched a new hub that tests vehicles under real-world climate conditions. The car manufacturer’s Wind Tunnel Efficiency Centre in Wolfsburg, Germany can test cars at wind speeds of up to 250km/h, simulating real traffic conditions, with the aim of reducing drag, fuel usage and emissions. It claims driving simulations under all climate and […]
Major carmakers across Europe have joined forces to create a supercharging highway for electric vehicles (EVs). IONITY, a joint venture between BMW, Daimler, Ford and the Volkswagen Group with Audi and Porsche, aim to develop and implement a High-Power Charging (HPC) network to make long distance journeys easier for EV drivers. The companies have set […]
The electric vehicle (EV) market is expanding rapidly, with the UK’s roads estimated to have around 200,000 EVs by the end of 2018. That’s according to latest statistics from Chargemaster, which found EV registrations rose by nearly 50% last month compared to the same period in 2016. The UK saw a decline in diesel […]
A new project which allows residents to charge their electric vehicles (EVs) by plugging into lamp posts has been launched. Kensington and Chelsea Council has joined forces with OVO Energy and Berlin-based Ubitricity to install an extra 50 SimpleSockets, which are charging points that fit directly into existing lamp posts. It follows a trial by […]
Rising oil demand will be slowed down but will not be reversed even as the sale of electric vehicles (EVs) rise “steeply” in the next two decades. That’s according to the International Energy Agency (IEA), whish forecasts global oil demand will continue to grow to 2040, although at a steadily decreasing pace. Fuel efficiency and […]
Philip Hammond has announced a £400 million fund for electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure projects across the UK. As part of his 2017 Budget announcement, the Chancellor also pledged to invest an extra £100 million to help people buy EVs and £40 million will go towards charging research and development. He believes there is […]
Electric vehicles (EVs) could offer 11GW of rapid flexibility to the UK’s energy grid by 2030. That’s according to energy tech developer Open Energi, which suggests smart charging, which is when vehicles are charged automatically at optimal times, could support renewable generation, balance supply and demand and alleviate strain on the network. The firm finds […]
Shell has joined forces with car manufacturing giants to offer high-speed charging points for electric vehicles across Europe. It has signed an agreement with IONITY, a joint venture between BMW Group, Daimler, Ford Motor Company and the Volkswagen Group with Audi and Porsche, which was formed to create a network of 350kW chargers next to […]
Lancashire County Council is to install 150 electric vehicle (EV) charging points. They will include 18 rapid chargers and 66 dual-socket fast chargers, with the first units to be installed in early 2018. They will be part of Chargemaster’s EV charging network POLAR, which already has more than 5,500 chargers nationwide. The project follows […]
Nearly half of senior decision makers in British businesses don’t plan to invest in electric vehicle (EV) technologies until after 2025. That’s according to npower Business Solutions, which says the 45% of the market not getting involved with EVs are put off by a lack of existing charging points (32%), poor battery life limiting journey […]
Good Energy has launched a pilot scheme for electric vehicle (EV) smart charging with NewMotion. The 100% renewable energy provider will have EV charging points installed at its offices in Wiltshire by the smart solutions provider. Following the six-month trial, the companies aim to work in partnership to develop an electric vehicle charging proposition for […]
More than two-thirds of the British public expect electric vehicles (EVs) to become the next major trend in home technology. That’s according to a new survey of 2,000 people, conducted by OVO Energy, which suggests 37.8% expect battery-powered cars to hit the mainstream sooner than innovations such as virtual reality headsets and webcam doorbells. […]
Data from London’s black taxis is to be used to help plan the city’s electric vehicle (EV) charging network. UK Power Networks has launched a project to establish what investment is needed and help prepare for a future when all of London’s cabbies have made the switch to zero-emission capable vehicles. The project aims to […]
Europe’s first public ultra-fast charging points have gone into operation in Germany. Provider Allego says they will mean the average electric vehicle (EV) can be filled with enough charge to drive at least 100 kilometres in only five minutes. The infrastructure in Kleinostheim, near Frankfurt, makes up the start of what will be a transnational […]
A new battery facility for electric vehicles (EV) in Warwickshire has received £80 million in funding. The money for the National Battery Manufacturing Development Facility has been provided by Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership, Coventry City Council and Warwick Manufacturing Group. These partners want the site to promote collaboration between manufacturers, researchers and economic development leaders […]
A Hampshire IT firm has bought six electric vehicles (EVs) for its engineers to get around in. Taylor Made’s new BMWi3s mark the start of a move towards electrifying the business’ entire 50-strong fleet. Ahead of the government’s plans to ban the sale of all new petrol and diesel cars from 2040, the company also […]
Ministers have called for councils to do more to cut emissions after only five local authorities across the UK took advantage of an electric vehicle (EV) scheme. The On-Street Residential Chargepoint Scheme, launched in 2016, offers funding for local authorities to buy and install electric car charge points for public use. However, Transport Minister […]
Major shifts in the global energy landscape, particularly related to electric vehicles (EVs) and renewable generation, mean global carbon dioxide emissions will plateau by 2030. That’s according to data and analytics specialist McKinsey Energy Insights (MEI), which forecasts by 2030, 20% of global car sales will be EVs, rising from 3% in 2020. The report […]
A new high power charging network for electric vehicles (EVs) across European cities and motorways has been announced. Technology firm Allego and EV infrastructure operator Fortum Charge & Drive aim to facilitate the use of low carbon vehicles across urban areas in more than 20 countries by 2025. The plan will include the installation and […]
Smarter electric vehicle (EV) charging systems that ensure cars are charged during periods of peak supply could save the average owner around £170 a year. That’s according to new research, which predicts the number of battery-powered cars on UK roads will grow from around 120,000 today to 10 million by 2035. If battery costs fall […]